This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail in an email program on your computer.
The layout and wizard setup varies slightly depending which email program you use but the settings required are always the same.
Popular email programs are Outlook, Mac mail, Windows mail, Entourage
Find where to create a new email account - This is often under the Tools menu but may also be under one of the other menus.
Click on the "Add a new E-mail account" option.
Please choose your account type. You may select either POP or IMAP.
Below are the required settings
- Username: the whole email address
- Password: whatever you made up when you created the email account in cpanel
- Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Whatever it is for your ISP (who you connect to the internet with) for example if you connect with bigpond it will be mail.bigpond.com, Optus is mail.optusnet.com.au, Dodo is smtp.dodo.com.au, etc (if you do not know just email us who you ISP is and we’ll tell you the SMTP setting)
- Any reference to SSL or Outgoing server authentication is turned OFF
- Do not worry if you receive any warnings about server certificates - this is normal and is not a risk and can be safely ignored
You should now be able to send and receive mail.